Copy of Copy of Honors English 7
Welcome, parents to English 7
Meet your tribe member: Ms. Chufo
- I started drinking coffee last year.
- I hiked around Mont Blanc (a famous mountain range present in Mary Shelley's novel, Frankenstein).
- I have triplets who are 7.
- I taught at CCA for 13 years, and I am a founding staff member at PTMS.
- I am committed to foster the love of reading, writing and to support successful habits.
Theme "A Quest for IdentiTy" & OUR Focus
- Organization - How do we set ourselves up for success?
- Studying, reading & writing habits, note-taking, self reflection
- Solution-oriented students
- Resilient learners
- Learning is a process
MOre skills for the year.
- Vocabulary Development
- Close reading practice
- Pride in one's work
- Writing and understanding the structure.
Outside REading Books
- Consider - Overdrive & Libby.
- Please donate books to our class if you have them.
- Your student has been tasked to bring a book by tomorrow.
- Your student has been tasked to reflect on their reading environment.
SoME OF OUR TEXTS
- The Giver - Lois Lowry
- The Outsiders - S. E. Hinton
- The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - William Shakespeare
- Animal Farm - George Orwell
End of the Year Literature Circles