3. HUMANIZE:WHO DO YOU WANT TO SERVE?
WHO ARE YOU?WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER?
Customer?Women in need of shelter
who NEED OR DESIRE it?women just graduated from college, having trouble finding a job, frequently homeless, dependent, victim of abusive relationship. abusive relationships
- A housing complex sheltering women for over a year
- A training center/ skill enhancing training/ assistance in job placement
- act as a preventive for women making any wrong choices, e.g. finding alternative/ illegal sources of income
- women become self dependent
- having a place to stay
market?2 groups: under 30 & over 30
The under 30 age group is growing annually at 9%, and the 30 and over age group growing at 8%. The two groups respectively have 165,454 and 158,745 potential clients.
- All other shelters/ conventional shelters/ federally funded shelters only offer 30 days or less of housing
- whereas this shelter will offer up to 1 year/ up to the point where they can't support them
- will work on enhancing sheltered women's skill
- and also work on job placement
HOW?By developing a comprehensive network of personal and professional contacts with key community leaders/ professors/ social workers that are willing to help. This will be instrumental in raising the profile of Transitional Housing within the community as well as having a significant impact on fundraising activities.
WHEN? A 5 year plan, available by 2020 December
Where? In Uptown, Manhattan, better communication(e.g. subway), offices are closer, many community centers that can work on job replacement for the women
Urgency? Sign up for the shelter, which can be work as a signing in petition, e.g. more signatures we get it will be easier to generate fundings emphasizing on the need basis.
Take away? Its a great hope/ initiative for women in need, so they won't feel left out.
Cross sell? We can get feedback from women who thinks its a great idea, and can help further develop the plan
Come back? Let us know how it can help in changing lives?