CHOREOGRAPHY'S STEPPING STONES
- The phrase, the building block to develop parts, organized with music to express unity of intents
- Parts with repetitions, contrasts & transitions for Unity & Continuity of purpose
- Continuity the smooth flow of the crafted parts from opening to closing shape
- Presentation, the story, artistically expressed, through relationships,
- Choreography with music and movement a new whole, The Level III Presentation
- Inspired by the dog & the oneness of the team
- Crafted choreographically and performed artistically by the team
1. Phrases are like sentences. There is a noun, a verb and an adjective or adverb.
2. Each Phrase has a beginning, middle and an end. An opening shape to begin, an action to be accomplished, a dynamic to clarify and an intent to inspire or motivate.
3. Movements combine to make a phrase. Phrases develop intents by repetitions, variations, changing directions or facings, rhythms, dynamics and sequencing.