MUM AND DAD'S 50TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
FROM HUMBLE BEGINNINGS...
It's 1964. Beatle-mania hits the States. Portsmouth is the new London. Sort of. Macaroni cheese is hip. First flat, tick. Pale blue Mini, tick. No kids, no worries. But not for long...
IT'S 1968 AND HERE COMES MICHELLE!
HANG ON, FAST FORWARD AGAIN, IT'S 1972, HERE COMES ME
2 MORE YEARS AND IT'S 10TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
- Nixon resigns
- The information superhighway takes it's first tentative step. Ceefax launches.
- And Abba win Eurovision with Waterloo
SKIP FORWARD AGAIN. 20TH ANNIVERARY.
- Orwell was thankfully wrong!
- The family is living in Sywell, Northampton, complete with brown Lada
- Band Aid forms to support the aid effort to Ethiopia
- Michael Jackson gets his fringe burnt off in a Pepsi ad
- Virgin Atlantic takes it's inaugural flight
ZIP FORWARD AGAIN. 30TH ANNIVERSARY.
IT'S NOW 1994
- The family is settled at Redlea, Newbury
- Dad's in his 37th job. Well, almost!
- Lorena famously gets away with cutting something off her husband, John Wayne Bobbit
- Curt Cobain tragically dies and music loses Nirvana. On the plus side, Foo Fighters was later born!
- Nelsen Mandela makes history becoming South Africa's first black president
FAST FORWARD AGAIN. 40TH ANNIVERSARY.
IT'S NOW THE YEAR 2004
- Suddenly, there's grandchildren!
- Boxing Day sees a truly horrific tsunami hit South East Asia
- Tony Blair visits Colonel Gaddafi in return for destroying his weapons of mass destruction
- Greece beats Portugal in the UEFA Cup
- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King wins a record 11 Oscars
SKIP FORWARD AGAIN. AND HERE WE ARE. 50TH ANNIVERSARY.
- An amazing journey
- Two amazing people
- Three pretty cool kids and 6 awesome grandchildren
- A shed load of friends
- What more can we say? Congratulations! You've done rather well!
That's definitely enough from me except to say we're insanely proud and in awe of your amazing marriage.